I thought Mickey Rourke was fantastic. He made me fall in love with the character and pretty much feel sorry for him. The only thing I didn't like about the movie was the first 30 minutes or so when there was so much blood. I mean, I guess I can handle seeing Mickey Rourke get stapled or cut his own forehead with a small razor blade but I enjoyed the last half of the movie soo much. The main point of the movie was a little depressing to say the least. Randy "The Ram" had been alone his whole life, almost detached from society; granted some of this was self inflicted. When he finally thinks he is reconnecting with people not involved in wrestling he ruins it. In the end, he was willing to risk everything for the one thing he could fully understand and that gave meaning to his life: wrestling.Alright- I love the fun facts about movies:
- Nicholas Cage was originally supposed to star in the movie.
- The film was shot in 35 days.
- Reportedly, both Bruce Springsteen and Mickey Rourke were paid no money for their contributions towards the film.
- Randy "The Ram" Robinson's van is a Dodge Ram.
- The video game Randy and his child neighbor play in the trailer was created especially for the film and was fully playable.
- Marisa Tomei's first day of shooting was the scene where she gives Mickey Rourke a lap dance. Ok that would have been really akward, you have to admit he is pretty scary looking.
- Rourke actually cut himself with the razor.
Ok- so Mickey Rourke was really good looking back in the day. Remember Angel Heart...
I mean...DAMNAnd I will end with a before and after picture of the plastic surgery

Hmm....Better?....No- still scary
No comments:
Post a Comment